Wednesday, December 3, 2014

A New Adventure

Ok ok, so routine is not my thing. I realize I have not posted since MAY?? Really May? But I promise there are plenty of good excuses and reasons for this lack of writing. The first, our laptop has lost all motivation to work and I think my boss would disapprove of me spending my days blogging while at work. The second, I have kids who have hectic busy lives (notice my kids have lives, not so much me). But the third real reason is we are expecting! Yes, you read that right, the girl who shipped all baby related things out of her house as soon as Abs outgrew them is having another little GIRL! Now I realize this is pretty old news if you are a friend in real life as this baby girl seems to be ready to make her appearance at any point in the next five weeks (she seems to think she is too good for a January birthday). As I sit here writing this blog in fact I'm writing through lots of little contractions. I really had high hopes this child we have dubbed Gremlin was going to be my easy going baby and so far this pregnancy has been anything but that. But I am so excited for her to get here and become a part of this chaotic family.
So as we get closer to the arrival of this Gremlin I have so many anxieties. What if this precious girl has problems as bad or worse than what we went through with Abby? How will we get through something like that again? How in the world am I going to handle a baby in our chaotic life? Will I ever sleep again? And as I make yet another trip to the restroom at 2am because Gremlin enjoys kicking my bladder non stop I realize it will all work out. One huge thing has become apparent to me over the past 6 months or so...it truly takes a village. Between my parents, the most amazing babysitter and friend in the world (seriously everyone be jealous because I won the lottery with babysitters!), our friends and family it takes us all to keep my kids alive, fed and where they need to be. I am so lucky to have everyone I do in my life. So a little catch up...have I mentioned Kayla started KINDERGARTEN!!!!! I know I can't believe it myself yet I think I somehow managed to hold back all the tears the first day I had to walk her to school.
Yes you are reading that right, she is the class of 2027. No don't bother trying to figure out gremlins graduation year, I'll be lucky to still be alive :) Abs also started preschool. Because of schedules we had to make a preschool change a month into the year, but she seems to love her new school and is learning a lot. She is still our free spirit!
Both girls are busy with dance and church and being the crazy kids they are, but I wouldn't change it for anything. I can't wait to see how little Gremlin's personality forms (hopefully healthy and liking sleep a lot). The girls are so excited to have another sister and I am so excited to watch them all grow up. The only other fun news is Bryon got an amazing promotion and is finally on first shift. It has been so much fun having him home, after I adjusted to the whole snoring at night thing again. But when I look at our family there is not much I can complain about. So that is just a little update, I promise I will try to update once our Gremlin makes her appearance. Until then I hope everyone has a spectacular Christmas and New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment